Obesity & Diabetes Protocol
Obesity, Insulin Resistance & Type 2 Diabetes
DISCLAIMER: The following statements have not been evaluated by the food and drug administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat or prevent any disease. The information below is provided for educational purposes only and is intended for the doctor’s learned consideration in the nutritional care of their patients. The purpose of the information presented here is to educate and in no way is it intended to substitute as medical counseling for individuals.
- 1 out of 2 Americans already have or are developing Insulin Resistance!
- 21 million Americans suffer from Diabetes ~ 1/3 of them are unaware of it!
- 2 out of 3 adults and 1 out of 3 children are overweight or obese!
- 1 in 3 children born in 2000 will develop Diabetes!
Insulin Resistance causes many health problems; Obesity, Diabetes, Hypertension, Heart Disease and some Cancers. It is also one of the leading causes of Hypertension in the world today. This Metabolic Syndrome turns on Chronic Inflammation and Oxidative Stress, which are underlying causes to all these chronic diseases, as well as the development of chronic muscle and joint pain. Because of this, it is vital that all clinicians monitor their patients’ blood glucose numbers and assist them in achieving and maintaining healthy levels.
Catch Metabolic Syndrome Early:
- Blood Pressure > 140/90 or currently taking antihypertensive drugs
- Waist circumferences greater than 40″ in men and 35″ in women
- Fasting blood glucose of 90 mg/dL to 110 mg/dL = Pre-Insulin Resistance; > 110 mg/dL = Insulin Resistance and > 125 mg/dL = Diabetes
- HDL Cholestrol: Men < 35 mg/dL and Women < 40 mg/dL
- Triglyceride/HDL Ratio: > 3/1; One of the best indicators of Insulin Resistance!
- Hemoglobin A1c: 5.5% to 6% = Insulin Resistance; > 6.5% = Diabetes
Protocols for Insulin Resistance:
1. Always start with a low-glycemic-index diet and an exercise program for your patients. For additional information see www.glycemicindex.com or www.mendosa.com. Have your patients use these websites to improve their dietary choices.
2. Provide a nutrient support program to help improve and manage healthy blood sugar levels.
Glucose-IR: A concentrated Herbal, Vitamin and Mineral formula designed specifically to support healthy insulin levels and blood glucose balance. DOSAGE: 3 tablets daily, 1 before each meal
Mito-Detox: An excellent metabolic ‘Tune-Up’ that optimizes energy production and detoxification. Provides concentrated Alpha Lipoic Acid; shown to improve insulin sensitivity. DOSAGE: 2 tablets 2 times daily
Super Omega-3: Improves cellular membrane function increasing insulin binding to receptors and insulin effectiveness; also supports healthy triglyceride levels. DOSAGE: 2 softgels 2 to 3 times daily with meals.
Fibro-Ease Multi: A concentrated source of Magnesium, Vitamins (A, B, C, D, E, K), and Minerals are shown to improve glucose transport into the cell and reduce Insulin Resistance. DOSAGE: 2 tablets 2 times daily
NOTE: You may also want to consider Glyco-Stress!
Metabolic Syndrome is one of the leading causes of Essential Hypertension and abnormal blood lipid levels. They are primary indicators of this disorder. In patients with these additional health challenges, and in addition to the above protocol, please consider these quality formulas:
Cardio-Ease: A concentrated Herbal, Vitamin and Mineral formula designed to support healthy blood pressure levels and cardiovascular function. DOSAGE: 1 tablet twice daily, up to 2 tablets twice daily
Cholesterol Complete: A comprehensive formula designed to reduce cholesterol and triglyceride levels, and convert dangerous Homocysteine into Methionine. DOSAGE: 2 tablets 2 times daily